Monday, July 5, 2010

Random Buzz

Random Buzz of the Week

Dear John - Its weird how certain movies bring out certain moods in me. I'm not sure if everyone feels that way, but I immediately start to reflect. I was watching the movie Dear John on Saturday, and I was amazed at how perfect the girl, Savannah, seemed. I started to think about how perfect my wife is. Perfect for me, that is. She's actually too good for me.

When we first met (many years ago), I was amazed at how good of a person she was. It was like she didn't see the bad in any person. Where as I, I saw the bad in everyone. At that point, I realized that we had no future together. I'd been introduced to some harsh truths and it forced me to grow up sooner than most. My wife grew up without the radar for bullspit.

We are very good for one another. I am working on being less skeptical(unsuccessfully mostly), and my wife has developed her radar to deal with those who are less than honest regarding their intentions.

Fourth of July - As Independence Day 2010 nears, I reflect on what independence means to me. As I become much more wiser, and a little older, I have become more interested in current events, and in American history. I have also been more interested in my own family's history. I thank God for the struggles I've been able to face and overcome.

Sometimes a song or movies reveals feelings that I have. I am thankful that I am reminded from time to time of things that may get lost throughout the course of the day. We all should make time to reflect and count our blessings. And if we do not, hopefully, something will force us to take a second to smile.

FYI, I watched that movie, thinking it was an entire different movie. I thought...well who cares I'm happy I watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment