Sunday, June 26, 2011

Random Thoughts and Notes

Baxter's Buzz

Hello All. I'll be posting at least 3 times this week so please check back in through the holiday weekend. Also, feel free to read some of the archive posts. I wanted to share some random thoughts with you to get your week started off right.

Ex Girlfriend - How do you handle dealing with ex girlfriends/boyfriends? These are people that were a significant part of your life at one time and then...nothing. How does your current significant other feel about those types of things? Personally, I don't deal with hardly anyone I used to date. I may see someone of facebook or something but that's about it. Granted, I didn't do much, ahem, dating. I guess it depends on what your definition of dating is.

Who's the Boss - Work has been pretty strange for a couple of reasons, the main reason being our new manager. He's just different. Not better or worse, necessarily, just different. I was talking to a friend of mine about their boss and how much of a jerk he is. My advice to him and to anyone else dealing with difficult boss: Let them push you up (promotion or being the best) but not out unless you're ready. I guess that is advice for anyone who's working with a difficult boss or a great boss.

Sports Buzz - The NBA draft was this past Thursday. I feel pretty good about the moves that the Pistons made. Now its about the new coaching search and trades. And the probable lockout that is approaching because these players and owners can't decide how to divide their extremely large pie. Speaking of lockouts, sources say the NFL players and owners will come to an agreement soon. Hopefully, the Lions have a chance this season. It would be a shame to lose time when we're becoming a respectable franchise.

Tweet of the week - "You can find inspiration anywhere because God is everywhere."
ReTweet of the week - "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." - Rev Run

2 comments:

  1. I have an ex who my family practically adopted. When we were over he would still show up at some of my family functions and my uncles continued to call him nephew. To top it all off when he started dating someone else he began to bring her around my family! It caused a huge issue between me and the guy I was dating; so much so that he and I got into an argument (in front of my ex and the rest of my family) that almost ended our relationship. What I had failed to notice was my family was making my current boyfriend feel like he wasn't as good as my ex. So what I learned from that was 1. I'm not as quick to bring guys around my family and 2. I have to educate my family on not staying in a relationship with a guy once it is over between he and I. With that being said I cut the ties between my ex and myself now I have to teach my family how to do it..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's always a difficult thing. I had a g/f who's grandma told me, "Regardless of what happens with ya'll, you can always come around. Maybe she knew her granddaughter was cheating on me *KanyeShrug* lol

    ReplyDelete