Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Who's Your Competition?

Who's your competition? - Competition is a good thing. It is the element that makes champions. It's also the element that makes enemies. Success cannot be attained without competition. Sometimes we're competing with others unknowingly. Sometimes they know and you don't, and vice versa.
There are people who are in my office who I indirectly compete with. Our sales numbers are close and I'm always curious about how they're doing from month to month. Maybe they look at my numbers the same way. 

"Cleanup in aisle nine" - My 16 month old baby has a special talent. She can make any food (or drink) messy. And us adults seem to do the same thing regarding life. We are imperfect, emotional, impulsive beings. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so human. So messy.

Being Flynn - So I watched a movie this weekend call, "Being Flynn," starring Robert DeNiro. Interesting movie. Writers see the world differently and because of that, "creatives" have a higher chance to suffer from depression or other mental illnesses like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. My defense mechanism is to dismiss things immediately. I don't feel like I have the time to worry about things that I cannot control. But the things that I think about, I REALLY think about, many times, to my own detriment. Replaying moments in my head and seeing details that others miss, gives me a unique perspective. I understand how depression can set in. Replaying items over and over in your brain can seem obsessive (It seems this way because....it is!), but it allows you to articulate from a different place. Great for writing, but can be bad for regular ole' life.

No comments:

Post a Comment