Thursday, September 9, 2010

I've Got to be Me (Part 2)

Buzz of the Day

I thought I knew a little about Sammy Davis Jr., but I knew very little. He came up in the 1940's and 50's. Years before the Civil Rights Movement. He headlined in places where he couldn't even walk in the front door at. I've started to read more about him online and I am very impressed with his courage. The man was talented! He sang and danced. He was an actor and musician. But I'm more impressed with his courage. The things he had to endure during those times...He paved the way for African American entertainers.


I am also very impressed with Frank Sinatra. He helped Davis Jr. break some of those barriers, by putting himself on the line because he knew the discrimination was wrong. Sinatra had a great deal of influence and he used it for good and bad. I think influence is a wonderful thing. And if we have just a little, or Chairman of the Board type of influence, we should do our best to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment