Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I've Got to be Me (Part 1)

This is a post from about 1 year ago. Happy Holidays and Enjoy

Buzz of the Day

A couple of months ago, I watched the 'Rat Pack' movie. It was released in 1998 and Ray Liotta played Frank Sinatra and Don Cheadle played Sammy Davis Jr. As some of you may know, I love biographies. I love stories. Especially true ones. All of these movie stars and entertainers are people, like you and I. Most of them have a talent or skill that most of us "regular" folks don't. But most of them also have a tremendous amount of self confidence and a tremendous amount of drive.

Don't forget discipline. We see the wonderful performances on the football field or basketball court, but we don't see the hours with a personal trainer in the off season, the practices and the film study. We attend the outstanding concert, but we don't see the months of rehearsal.

We may not have the talent, but what keeps us from being as successful as we could be, is the lack of drive and discipline. It's the classic argument of nature vs. nurture. Now I don't think I could be the next American Idol if I had more drive, but maybe I'd be in a better position in my chosen profession.

I think experts say that geniuses use about 15% of their brain. What percentage of effort do we use daily in our lives? How much more do you have to give?

1 comment:

  1. nice post buddy... People continue to underestimate the value of hard work and dedication... Almost everything is achievable with the right work ethic.

    ReplyDelete