Sunday, June 3, 2012

Your Computer May Be at Risk

It appears to be always something. You take two steps forward and then one step back. Life is tricky like that. The news is scary, cancer can be caused by almost everything it seems. I read last week that exercise may be bad for you! Are you kidding me?? What is one to do? You're encouraged to do shopping online because there are deals there that you can't get in the stores. Then, they tell you how bad internet security is and it's not a matter of if, but when your identity will be stolen. Sheesh. I work everyday at a job where most of the people, even the higher ups are respectful. There is one rude s.o.b., but I don't have to see much of them so not a big deal. So even though my job is great, there are other opportunities to make more money, work closer to home, or some other opportunity/risk. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Money will NOT run my life. I understand its importance, but I won't become a slave to it. Will I listen to offers? For sure. I won't however, insert myself into a situation that I know will be awful for the sake of making a few extra dollars.

Week in Review
The Old College Try - There was a story of a man eating his roommate's heart and brains after killing him. I've had some roommates that have gotten on my last nerve, and although I may have thought of hurting them, never considered killing them and eating their organs. Seriously, was it the dirty dishes or the loud John Mayer music?

Riding Dirty - Nick Fairley, the knuckle head player for the Detroit Lions was arrested again this summer. This time for driving 100 miles per hour while being intoxicated. This is why it is difficult to be a fan these days. These guys make so much money that it is hard for us regular folks to understand whey they behave so stupidly. I don't go out of my way to watch sports like I used to, although I still watch my fair share. These guys are out there living their dreams so I need to take time for myself to pursue my own.


Ernie - The wife and I went to see "Ernie" downtown Detroit at the City Theatre on Saturday. Hockeytown Cafe was very average regarding their food, but the show was fantastic. It was about Ernie Harwell, the voice of the Detroit Tigers and his story. Learning about his story and how humble he was. That is someone that I can get behind, not these idiot athletes who contribute to the negative stereotypes. The show nearly brought me to tears. A God-fearing man who never felt like he deserved the spotlight for doing something he felt privileged to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment