Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dreaming is Breathing

 Poems by Bax

I am what I dream. Plus the actions that follow.
There's a fine line between enjoying today and planning tomorrow.
Wars and terrorists, home-grown and abroad. Why Lord?
What am I to do? I want to have kids with my wife
But this world is so trife. I strive. What will it be like when they arrive?

I close my eyes and wonder if things are worse than any other time.
As I view newspaper clippings and watch the history channel
The bible shows there have always been humans with animal
Instincts. I sink. Into the sofa.
Whiskey on the rocks.
I'm lost.

Pull a piece of paper to write my cousin.
He says "Keep your head up. I'm counting on you"
"The walls of failure I expect you to break through"
Well that's that. I'm back not only dreaming but believing
I'm living for so many, no time for defeating feelings
I will become what I'm dreaming
And this is life's meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment