Monday, August 13, 2012

Shut Up and Listen!


by Deon Carson      

   I’m going to answer some questions that have been asked of me, and also respond to some comments.

Will Tom Brady’s legacy be tainted if he doesn’t win another Super bowl? Brady has 3 rings; that’s 2 more than Favre, 2 more than Young, 3 more than Marino, 1 more than Elway, 1 less than Montana, I think Tom’s legacy is safe.

What’s wrong with U.S. Olympic boxing? If you’re a really good amateur boxer in the U.S. these days you turn pro instead of waiting for the Olympics (see Adrienne Bronner, and Gary Russell Jr.). And who wants to train all of that time miss out on that money and possibly get robbed like Roy Jones (1988 Olympics), and Floyd Mayweather Jr. (1996 Olympics)?

Could the 2012 Olympic basketball team compete with the 1992 team? Unless you can tell me who Magic, Stockton, Mullins, Bird, and Barkley could guard from this team I would have to say yes. In a 7 game series it would be crazy to bet against Jordan, but to say the 2012 would not be able to hang with the 1992 team probably shows a little biased.

Does the acquisition of Dwight Howard make the Lakers the favorites out west? If that were the only new addition I’d say no, but with Jamison, Nash, Meeks, the re-signing of Jordan Hill, and Devin Ebanks I would have to say yes depending on Howard’s health, of course.

Final thought for all of my boxing fans, I am very excited about the Andre Ward Chad Dawson fight. Two gifted athletes in their prime fighting it out for the belt, whoever wins this bout will vault themselves into my top 3 pound for pound list.

No comments:

Post a Comment