Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Case of the Mondays

#BaxtersBuzz

People can be the worst! I believe that there are so many things that we avoid (specifically) on Mondays because we're so fragile. We're not thrilled to be doing "responsible people" things on Monday and we don't want to run into someone even leased thrilled than us. The wrong conversation can be the equivalent of burned popcorn in the microwave. You attempt to put it in the review mirror, but it takes a valiant effort to truly shake it.
I'm typically ready to rock and roll on Monday morning. I have a list of things that I want to take care of..... and then I'm inundated with emails from management. Hey, you know what's a super awesome buzz skill when you're excited about your day? Busy work/reporting/shit rolling downhill emails. 

Word of advice to leadership - If you hate getting them and they annoy you, resist the urge to immediately forwarding those over to your team first thing in the morning. Maybe try something a little more uplifting. But what do I know?? 

Mondays can be tough for everyone, especially children. My two year old has an especially hard time on Mondays. The morning is solid and 9.5 times out of 10, she's had a great day at daycare. But when she gets home, she becomes a little hell raiser. After sleeping in (relatively speaking) during the weekend, Monday is the first day back to the grind. She may not be able to articulate why she's being a stinker so I give her a pass. But what's funny is adults walk around pouting themselves when they're having a tough time. And when you ask them what's wrong the answer is usually, "Nothing. I'm fine." Adults: Use. Your. Words.

Read more. Write more. Love more. Pray more. Live more.

No comments:

Post a Comment