Monday, August 29, 2011

Crazy Week

Baxter's Buzz


It has been a really interesting week for me. I am a professional with a capital P. I come to work every day, work hard, and don't make any waves. I feel like those simple things are appreciated at some jobs, but not all. I have backed myself in a corner because I don't have a degree. I am constantly reminded of that fact. My options will start to increase as I continue to move towards my degree.


Bad Bosses - I am so thankful for all of the people that I've had the pleasure (or displeasure) to work with. Some really good people, some snakes, and some people that believed they knew more than everyone around them. I'm not a loud or boisterous person but I feel like I get my point across. My brother IS loud and boisterous and I've seen his mouth get himself in trouble a bunch.


It's not that he's been wrong 100% of the time, but he never cared about the politics of situations. I'm very, very conscious of those things. I have a good feel for how things are perceived and I am very sensitive to those things. Sometimes I want to go off on people, but that's not my personality AND you get more bees with honey than with vinegar. I have awesome intuition. I see things and understand what people's intentions are, whether good or bad. If you are trying to deceive me, it really burns me up when I cannot remove myself from you and the situation. I don't deal with people in my personal life that I can't trust. What if the person I don't trust happens to be my boss? Not so easy to "not deal" with them, right?


I genuinely care about people, and very rarely have an angle that I'm playing. When I was 20 years old, I was betrayed by my boss. I was straightforward about my plans to move away for school. He then proceeded to cut my hours in half, literally! I was disappointed and I spoke with my dad about it. I said, "I was just trying to be honest." His reply, "You can't be honest when nobody else is being honest."

10 years later and I continue to hope that my father was wrong, but as time moves on, I realize his words ring truer than ever.


I titled this blog "Crazy Week" but my professionalism will not allow me to go into detail :-)

What I've realized is that most people don't root for your failure. They are just so selfish and worried about their pursuit of tangible items that couldn't care less about how that pursuits effects anyone around them.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you wrapped up the post.."They are just so selfish...pursuit of tangible items that couldn't care less about...anyone"-It's so true!!People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud...ungrateful, unholy, without love...not lovers of the good...conceited&lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—....Galations says that whatever is lovely, pure, etc--think on these things...Be encouraged though..your genuiness will pay off!! But love your enemies, do good to them...then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

    ReplyDelete