Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Peace and Quiet

Baxter's Buzz

So I didn't have super exciting plans for Labor Day. I wanted to do some reading and writing is what I told the people who asked. The wife and I got much more than we bargained for when our electricity was knocked out because of a terrible storm. Power went out about 9pm on Saturday and as I write this on Monday, about 8pm, it has yet to be restored (editors note: Power returned abou 9m).

As we complained all Saturday night and Sunday morning, we decided to run out for some things. Once we started to drive down our street, we noticed how much damage this storm actually caused. There were huge trees that had been torn from the ground, some even falling on houses. There was even a telephone pole that had fallen into someones new SUV. Life is about perspective: No damage had been done to our home or car. As I struggled with an extraordinarily difficult week (and blogged about it) a couple of weeks back, there are folks who'd LOVE to have my problems.

So when a storm enters your life, don't be upset about its arrival because storms are inevitable. Be thankful that your storm wasn't as bad as it could have been.

R.I.P to Tom "Killer" Kowalski. He was a beat writer for the Detroit Lions for over 30 years. To call him a beat writer doesn't do his true justice. He was the fan's direct line to the Lions through print and radio. He will truly be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment