Thursday, March 22, 2012

6 Things Thursday

Baxter's Buzz

These are six of the random thoughts that have filled my brain this week. Enjoy

1. I logged into my Gmail account this week and Google asked for my phone number. You know, just in case I forgot my password. Pretty sure they know everything about me.

2. I'm celebrating my birthday very early this year. I always approach April 16th like New Years. I have great feeling about what the next 12 months will bring.

3. Just because you're realty, really good at your job doesn't mean you can manager others. Two separate skillsets. You want to reward these overachievers but if they are not built for that type of job, it is going to be tough. Very few can truly learn to lead without having the trait to begin with.

4. I'm working really hard on growing a beard. I always give up too soon but this time is going to be different.

5. Sometimes I'm very naïve about how racist and mean spirited people are in this world. When I saw some of the tweets directed toward Spike Lee, I cringed. I asked myself who'd even be friends with someone that posted such hateful words. I mean who would hire these people?

6. Will Trayvon Martin's death be in vain? Will we ever be able to have the conversation of race/racism on a national level? There are so many levels to pull away once the convo starts that people would rather leave the entire subject alone. It really is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment