Monday, August 2, 2010

How Are Those Resolutions Going? (Part 1)

Baxter's Buzz

How are your New Year Resolutions going? Oh, wait, did you forget about them? It seems so long ago huh? Well, what now?

I struggle with enjoying myself now, while preparing for the future. Sometimes I'll see someone doing what I dreamed about years ago. What stopped me? The further away the goal is, the more things that could potentially distract you. If you were just heading around the corner, odds are you'd get there without a hitch. But if you were heading across country, there are plenty of obstacles that could deter you. As I get older, I don't too much worry about the 'coulda, shoulda, wouldas' unless I can still change them. I don't worry about the spilled milk, but I worry like hell about spilling it.

I used to think that I was afraid of nothing. Once I realized what I really was afraid of, I told few people. Well, for all two of my two readers; I'm going to let you in on a secret. I'm afraid of failure. I'm also afraid of success. I've been afraid of failure for many years, but my fear of success is an on-again, off-again thing. its not the success, its the consistency that is needed to maintain the type of success I want. So I have chosen to live my 29 years better than most, but not to my full potential, afraid that I won't be able to sustain that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment