Sunday, August 15, 2010

Please, Keep Me In The Loop

Baxter's Buzz


Did you get the memo? - How aware are you of things that are going on? What is your focus on? Is it Lindsay Lohan? Is it the Detroit Lions? What about the events going on in Washington D.C.? Or maybe it's your child's dance recital? The new gossip at work?

I think about all of the things that happen every day, and there's a lot going on. From sports, politics, entertainment, to family gossip/news. How in the loop are you? There are days were news of the Detroit Lions excite me to no end. There are days where all I do is watch the world news, observing how things play out politically. Some days, I'll get a call, catching me up on family matters that I had no idea about. How does one keep up?

There are so many things that I feel I need to be aware of, and I consider them all educational. Whether it's the race for governor, or American history and how it relates to current times, both of these things are worthy of a portion of your attention. We should always be learning something.

As I get older, I understand the importance of education. Not just a high school or college degree, but a true understanding of history and current events.

Post 911 Effect - I had a couple of meetings at one of other locations last week, and we share this building with many different business. As I was walking to the elevator, I saw a dude who looked a little suspicious. As we walked past one another, I thought about how helpless we are in situations like that.

Ridiculousness of the Week
Take this job and shove it - Steven Slater, a flight attendant for 28 years became somewhat of a national hero this past week when he quit his job. He didn't write a letter of resignation. He got on the intercom and cursed everyone out! "To the f-ing a-hole that told me to f-off, it's been a good 28 years!" He proceeded to grab two beers and jump down the emergency exit shoot. For anyone that has experienced difficult times at a job, hopefully Steven Slater made you smile a little.

Sports Buzz
Keep your eye on the ball - This guy has been labeled, "The Worst Boyfriend Ever" when he moved out the way as a foul ball hit his girlfriend. There are reports that she has broken up with him. Good for her!

Random Buzz
RIP to Nelson House, founder of the Woodward Dream Cruise. House died this past Thursday of colon cancer, on the heels of the 16th annual Dream Cruise on August 21.

I was in the checkout line this weekend and saw a magazine called Diabetic Living. I think it's awesome that there are resources for folks who have certain diet restrictions. Hell, we all could take a page out of Diabetic Living. Maybe it would add some years on our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment