Monday, April 15, 2013

My New Year 2013

Baxter's Buzz

So as I approach my 32nd birthday tomorrow, ironically,  I'm fixated on when my first child will arrive (any day now) and what is expected of me for my wife's 30th birthday. I've been telling my wife that the only gift that I need is a healthy baby. Wifey's birthday is in June and I don't expect her to feel the same way. Turning 30 is one of those "milestone" birthdays so I get it. Just not sure what she's expecting because all of our money has gone to this future sweetest baby in the world.

Because my birthday is on the work calendar, people feel completely comfortable asking me how old I'll be this year. I don't mind that question at all. The only issue I have is, the people who want to know my age are women. And Lord knows you cannot ask a woman their age. A little hypocritical, don't you think?
There are some women that are proud to tell you their age. Typically, it's because they believe they look young for their age, they're in good shape for their age, or they feel accomplished for their age. I suppose it's a lot easier to brag about your age when you feel like you're on path to your dreams. I believe we all take stock and assess where we are in contrast to where we'd like to be. It's only natural. January 1 brings a certain amount of reflection, but I consider April 16 my new year.

What plans do you have for the rest of this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment