Monday, April 1, 2013

No Fooling Around


Baxter's Buzz

As I think about my 32nd birthday approaching, I've realized a few things.

I feel great. I've been eating much better (more or less) for over a year now. I could definitely use some more exercise, but I have been in much worse shape in the past.

My eyesight is worsening. I've gone from having 20/20 vision to getting my first pair of eyeglasses a few years back. Now I'm definitely in need of another eye exam.

My mind is sharp as ever. Over the years I've learned from about 957, 699 of my mistakes (that's a lowball number). I was blessed with a good feel for things. By things I mean people around me as well as the temperature of a room. I can't always see what's going on (if I don't have my glasses), but I can always feel it.

My circle is smaller. There are people who were in my life who no longer hold a place. I realized that I'd become very selfish, holding on to people because they are a part of my past and not because they play any significant role in my life now. As we get older, memories from childhood get pushed further and further back. It's awesome to reminisce about the good ole days, but it's also awesome to create memories today that will serve as the good ole days later. I appreciate the folks in my life now and all of the people that have spent time with me in these (almost) 32 years. Most things, good and bad, eventually come to an end. Just be ready for the new endeavors that are sure to approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment