Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Silence is Golden

Baxter's Buzz

I've been thinking about this next chapter that I'm entering and how I'll adjust. God gives the baby 9 months to grow inside the womb and the parents 9 months to "prepare." I don't care if the room is painted, the books are read, the birth classes are completed and the stroller has been purchased, you ain't ready. With our first child on the way, there's definitely some uncertainty. For every person that wishes you well and tells you everything will be fine, there are 8 others telling you about lack of sleep and all of their other horror stories. Do you not think we know our sleeping has to change? People saying stuff like, "Get your sleep now," like we can stock up on it. I think sometimes people don't know what to say so they all say the same thing. It's the same reason people always talk about the weather when they see someone. But I encourage everyone to appreciate a little silence and shut up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment