Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Customer Retention?

Buzz of the Day



Let me just start with saying I'm not the smartest person in the world. I'm in sales and I believe in customer service. You can't have one without the other.



The lease at my apartment is ending soon. My complex always has a new promotion going. So I called to inquire about how current residents could benefit. I was told that I'd get a lease packet 30 days prior to my lease ending. At that point, I'd see what incentives they're offering me to stay here. I talked to the girl answering the phone and asked if I could speak to the manager. She told me that she'd have the manager call. Well the same girl called me back to tell me that the manager couldn't offer me anything until 30 days before my lease ends. I guess she couldn't call and tell me herself. She was probably busy wondering why there are so many vacant apartments here.



So Saturday, my wife and I looked at an apartment just down the road. It seems like a very nice place. So nice in fact, we wished that we'd move there last year before we moved in here. I guess I'm not as fired up as I was initially so... I don't have anything else to say about that. But this: A bird in the hand beats two in the bush. Take care of those clients, residents, etc., because you owe them that. Look for new customers, but never neglect your current people. Good luck to these people...I'm out!!

Just a piece of advice from Baxter: If you read this and said, "What else could management do?" You need to open your eyes up a little bit. If you're on my side, you are very smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment