Tuesday, May 26, 2009

That's Life Right?

Buzz of the Day



I am working really hard, but after reflecting this past weekend, I realized that I had to get back to the basics. Since I've started my job, things are very different. That's life right? One person's garbage is another's treasure.



Closed have closed for some and consequently some doors have opened for myself. The funny thing about that is...it's the same door! Some people are used to doors being blown open for them. They stroll in and deal with with little to no resistance. Myself, on the other hand, am used to doors being closed and bolted. I've managed to get into my share because of persistence (All praise goes to God). So imagine this person who is used to doors being wide open and imagine me who is used to doors being locked shut; An open door to me is basically a closed door to them. If I see a crack in the door, I'm ecstatic! If they see a crack in the door, it appears closed to them.



That's kinda deep...Two of the most tenured sales people at my job are gone (one has left and the other is leaving very soon). I hate to see them leave because they were two people who actually talked to me. LOL. There are definitely opportunities that have (and that will) opened up because of other people's departures. That's life right? My motto is you bust your tail, work hard and smart, and believe in your abilities and in God. If there are good things that fall into your lap, great. But don't depend on those! Or you'll be in a world of trouble.

There's a saying, "The harder I work, the luckier I get." I want to work hard for my meat and potatoes and if luck falls my way, that will be the gravy. If you are waiting for luck to be your meat and potatoes, you will starve. Gravy, you can do without. Without meat and potatoes, you'll be thin...and on thin ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment