Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Clear Next Steps

#BaxterBuzz

Definition of networking: the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups, or institutions; specifically: the cultivation of productive relationships for employment or business. Are you networking effectively? Do you have a mentor? Someone who's in a position that you'd like to be some day? What about the company you keep? Anyone of them doing anything that you're aiming towards? 

As I approach the end of this year, I need to look at MY support system and find out what everyone's role is. Should I be adding and/or subtracting based on my goals for 2014? Is this selfish? To some degree, yes, but being selfish isn't always a negative thing. I need to invest into myself by making sure I'm spending time with people and doing things that will feed my spirit, inspire me, and get me to the next level. 

Tomorrow isn't promised and I don't want to waste my time at a crossroad, deciding where to go when I can be going! I'm not big on moving aimlessly just for the sake of moving. I want to move full speed ahead with a group of people who encourage my individuality.

We lose ourselves to peer pressure; to other people's expectations of what we should be doing. Everyone wants us in a box. Society wants us to work within certain parameters, to put ceilings on your dreams. And if it isn't someone else shooting down our dream or discouraging us, self doubt and self pity will paralyze you. 

To truly empower someone, is to encourage their individuality. To give them the confidence to be themselves. The freedom of being yourself is the greatest gift you could ever give yourself or help to give someone else. Most people wouldn't know what to do with their freedom. You could unlock the windows and open up all of the doors and they'd stay their scary asses inside because it's where they feel most comfortable. If you are with people who suppress your ambitions with negative thoughts, jealousy, or simple indifference, you're better off by yourself.

If are not with folks who share your passions and allow you to be yourself and encourage that, you may end up losing yourself and never finding it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment