Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

#BaxtersBuzz

So as I went to pick up breakfast for the family on Sunday morning, I saw a girl that I went to high school with. She had seen some pictures of the baby from social network and the conversation started there. She talked about wanting to have children but was currently single and didn't know when that would change. Said she had two relationships that were essentially a waste of time. She said her goals didn't align with these dudes' goals. She has a fear of being an "old mom" once she finally becomes one. Do you want to do something quickly or do it right? Time is so valuable. Sometimes we think we're making a wise investment, only to find out later that we took a huge loss.

The wife and I went out for dinner and had plans to meet a couple of friends for drinks afterwards. My friend is single and the wife's friend is also. We thought it wouldn't hurt to at least introduce them to one another and see what happens. Both were at home and it all seemed to be lining up perfectly. Until her friend decided she wasn't interested in meeting anyone that night. Would it have been anymore than a night out? Would it be love at first sight? Or something in between those two extremes? Compatibility is an interesting thing. It has to do with more than liking the same movies or growing up in the same town. But sometimes something simple like that can be the difference between a friend and a spouse.

Timing is instrumental when finding a partner, a job, or any opportunity. What if you're in between jobs, looking to leave the state, or going through a crisis? There are times when we're simply not ready for what's in front of us. There are times when we don't want to be ready and then there are times when we need to figure out a way to be ready because a person or opportunity is too good to pass up. But we can't miss what we never had and for every job offer we pass up because we're comfortable in our current position, there's someone else out there waiting for that same offer. All we can do is try to make the decision that feels best and be ready to live with the consequences.We should not cry over spilled milk and we definitely should not feel any type of way about some else's milk.

Sean "Diddy" Combs posted a message on Instagram this weekend that read, "Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself." I can really dig that! I need to work harder. I must prove myself right. I am not only a survivor, but I want to be a winner. There's plenty of evidence backing up the "survivor" statement, but I need many more accomplishments in order to consider myself a winner. The journey continues.

The fourth quarter of the year began about two weeks ago. Besides looking forward to some really good music being released, it's time that I turn up the volume and work to finish this year as strong as possible. There are people who have proven to be more adversarial than I would have guessed. I am not concerned with why certain people don't want me to succeed, I'm just concerned with putting myself in a position where they cannot impede any progress that I'm trying to make. We must not look at the people who are being pitted against us, we must look at those who are doing the pitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment