Monday, October 6, 2014

It's Called Life

Baxter's Buzz

Life is like art. Life IS art. Our masterpiece could come at any age. Any stage in our life. And although I believe everyone has the ability to create many great works, I don't believe we all actually take advantage and make good use of their abilities.

How can I make this life mine? How can I make today the best day ever while setting the groundwork for the next day? How can I tailor my current job in order to feel like I'm truly making a difference?

I don't want to get through life like most of us get through a tough day: Just skate by and hope that we can avoid any issues, in hopes that they can rinse, wash and repeat. It's called life.

As I get ready to post this, I turn on the television and Steve Harvey is on Oprah's Life Class. He talks about the difference between your "talent" and your "gift." He said that your talent is what gets you paid, but your gift is why you were made. Powerful stuff! Do you know what YOUR talent is? What about your gift?

I believe those who are close to you should help you identify these things, although, ultimately you have to recognize these things in yourself. Friends (real friends) and family (real family) should be helping you along your path. We should not be impeded by those we spend significant time with.

Iron sharpens iron and if you aren't associating with sharp iron, you're wasting your talents and your gifts. The more you give, the more you get. Work to be a positive and inspirational presence for all of those who come in contact with you, and you will receive blessings from unlikely places.

No comments:

Post a Comment