Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Letter To Boo (Building)

#BaxtersBuzz

 Below is a letter that I sent to my cousin who's in prison.

Peace. I appreciate the words of encouragement. We are alike in so many ways. We clicked as kids, but we still have the same mindset. It's crazy to hear your thoughts because we share so many. It's like we're on the same wavelength. You are a gift to everyone who knows you. To everyone that has had the pleasure to build with you and learn from you. I was watching an interview (with Ab-Soul) and he was asked what we were put on earth for. His reply, "To build."

When you feel a sense of empowerment as well as inspiration after talking to someone, you've had a great conversation. I hate that most of our conversations are through email, but I still feel that you understand my struggle, because my struggle hasn't really changed. I've felt this desire to do more than I'm doing. Feeling like there is so much left to do, just not sure where to begin. But when I think about it, I've already begun.

It started many years ago, when you and I first started building. We'd sit up all night and talk about some of the heaviest shit 11 and 12 year olds could think of! It was iron sharpening iron. Those conversations gave me keys to things, years and years before I'd know what to do with them. This was the playbook. Many of the lessons that my dad didn't share with me, but shared with YOUR DAD, and your dad passed along to you...those eventually made their way to me. Maybe I had to hear those things from a child's point of view in order to fully digest them. Crazy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment