Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grown Folks' Business

Baxter's Buzz

Buzz of the Day - My life feels very grown up. I am nearing my 30th birthday and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel, but I think I feel older.

I just bought a freaking house! I'm a nervous wreck about that because I made a 30 year commitment to something and I'm not even 30 yet!

The only other commitment that made me this nervous was my marriage. "To death do us part," is a very big step, but even that doesn't have a number on it. Hell, I could die today and the marriage would be over, but my wife would still be on the hook for 30 years of payments! But I digress...

I'm heavier than I've ever been and less than two weeks ago my shoulder started to bother me. My mind feels as sharp as ever, but my body? Not so much.

The Bible says that youth is wasted on the young. Probably because when you're young you don't appreciate your youth. If that makes sense. My goal is to make my 12 months not only my most grownup, but also my most youthful. Wish me luck.

I appreciate my new readers (2 people), and I'm hopeful I haven't lost my other two :-0

2 comments:

  1. Now that you are about to hit that dirty 30, you gotta keep up on your wourkouts, and stay in shape. It's easier to stay in shape than it is to get in shape......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Baxter, I weep for you! Good luck with the house, it can be a joy and a pain. And after a while you can almost forget you have a 30 loan dangling over your head...almost. Don't forget having insurance that will cover your loan amount, though!

    ReplyDelete