Monday, February 7, 2011

Return Serve

Baxter's Buzz



Buzz of the Day - As I get older, I realize that this whole craziness called life is, well pretty bizarre. There are so many of us who walk on eggshells daily, as to not upset anyone, and it gets us absolutely nowhere. There's a fine line between polite and getting run over.



I am a very considerate person (at least I think so) and there are definitely pros and cons to this. I'll never become the super obnoxious dude that tries to run over everyone on their way to: prove their point, solve their own problem, or bully you just because they can. But I refuse to let those type of people get away with those things at my expense.



I'm so laid back, I typically let most things roll off my back, but I vow to speak up more. That includes simple things like asking more questions. You'd be surprised how many folks DON'T know their job and hope that you don't ask them questions because they haven't a clue. It's okay to ask why.



Its okay to not assume everyone knows what's best for you. Have you ever had to deal with someone being a jerk or trying to insult you? I'm sure you have, but did you ask them to clarify what they meant? Did you put the pressure back on them to explain exactly WHAT they're trying to say? It's empowering. Please try it and let me know how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment