Thursday, February 24, 2011

Make History Today

Baxter's Poetry

Make History Today
As Black History Month ends, I'm thinking about how I can make this place better
Trying to improve my seat and make sure my place is better
But most are concerned with trending topics
KMZ and E ain't never put money in my pockets

As I write a letter to my cousin, feeling guilty because his jail number escapes me
The only thing I can think of is my sales number for the month
We're in a bottom line business and the bottom line is
One day it can rib eye, the next day Captain Crunch

But I love you cuz, and I feel like I'm finding my way
I'll be up soon and we can talk about the good days
And I know that we'll have more
When? I'm not sure. I can feel it my bones
Like old folks with arthritis, just keep holding on

No comments:

Post a Comment