Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Buzz of the Day

Constructive criticism...Who can handle it? Me, thats who. I love it because I have my eye on the end result. Just yesterday I got off the phone with a customer and had a nice opportunity. I talked to my sales manager, who immediately started asking me all these questions that I didn't ask my customer. And I felt like an idiot. I was thinking, "Why didnt I ask that?" It wasnt that she was trying to tell me how bad I was...she wanted to make sure I was looking at all angles and that I had enough information to accurately assess my customer's needs. Yeah, it kinda stings at first but I want to improve my performance.
Bottom line: She has helped me perform better. And normally when she brings certain things to my attention, I agree 100%.

I think most people are okay with doing average work. They dont want their partner to question them, their boss to question them because that just may force them to do something different. Imagine that...Many people say they want to do great things, but we rarely put in the work necessary.

Nobody Cares Kid

Speaking of being great, I have this crazy interest in biographies on the Biography Channel. I used to watch 'E True Hollywood Story' and 'Behind the Music'. As a matter of fact, I love American history...even in school. I love stories...true stories. I love to hear about people's struggles and the adversity they faced to get where they are. I guess a small part of me would like accomplish great things and overcome the obstacles that I've face in my life...Well, a big part of me.

Ridiculousness of the Day

For the record, biographies and reality t.v. are two very different things.
My wife was in class last night so no "24" for me. (DVR'd it so we can watch it together). So I start flippin through channels and I come across the show "I Love Money." Well, the show is a mess! All of these "characters" are trying to be as outrageous as possible to hopefully have their own show one day. So after that show "I love Ray J" comes on. (Ok, so was I cleaning the kitchen while it was on in the living room) It has already been reported that he has gotten one of the girls pregnant on the show! Trust me, that will be the first and last time I watch either one of those shows. At least with Flavor Flav, you really felt like he was looking for love...I'm just sayin'

Sports Buzz

I guess there was a writer for the Associated Press interviewing former Detroit Tiger, Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez. He is at his Miami home, unemployed at the moment. The writers asks him if he's on that list of players who tested positive for banned substances in 2003. Pudge replied, "Only God knows." Actually Pudge, you know too! Makes you wonder...

To Be:

I would love to be President Barack Obama today. Signing that historic bill. Whatever happens, you cannot say the man is not trying.

Not To Be:

I would hate to be Brendan Sokaluk. He is the Australian man they believe started those forest fires that killed 189 people. What makes people do what they do?

No comments:

Post a Comment