Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Buzz of the Day

I had a wonderful conversation yesterday with a good friend of mine. All of our conversations start off the same. How have things been? What you been up to...And them BAMM! We jump into how do we improve our situation. How can we put ourselves in a position where during tough times (like these) we have some other things to fall back on. It is the "million dollar question". You have a job that you show up for everyday, but sometimes we give them so much effort that we have very little energy to tackle our own ventures. You have to make time for yourself! If you were meeting with a financial planner, read a book on financial planning, or saw some lady on CNN talking about financial plans...there would be one thing that would undoubtedly be mentioned, "Pay Yourself." Same with personal goals whether it's school, a new career, a business venture...set aside time for your things.



I have many goals. One of them was to start this blog. I have also organized a networking group (The Greenmen Group) where we can share resources, support one another, hold each other accountable, and share positive upbeat energy and ideas. (If you are interested in attending and are in the Detroit Area, please let me know). We believe that those are some of the ingredients that translate into success, so we want to create an environment that supports/encourages that. The other thing we have is a passion for community service so we will be organizing community service projects once we decide what direction we have for them. One of my other goals for the year is writing a book of poetry that is loosely autobiographical.



Whew! I said all of that to say this...I was on my way to work a few weeks ago and I was on the phone with one of my mentors. He said, "Baxter, whats up with you?" So I started talking about work and how things are little tough right now, blah blah blah." He cut me off and said, "I didnt ask about them, I asked about you!" Because he knows about the aforementioned goals, he wanted to see how I was progressing. It really blew me away...We get so tied up with our daily grind that we forget about everything else. Next thing you know, we're 85 years old talkin about shoulda, coulda, woulda.



Nobody Cares Kid



What will it take for us to turn these theories into practice? What will it take? We dont all have to have our own businesses to be considered successful. You have your own definition of that. But I believe I need to be more involved in the community, but also expanding my circle so that people from my community can be introduced to things and people that they would normally not have access to. One of our goals with The Greenmen Group is to remove some barriers for those people that come up after us. We all want to leave something for our family. Whether its a "large" or "small" contribution, as long as its positive....thats the only thing that matters. It all begins with activity. It begins with taking the first step...



Ridiculousness of the Day



I read in the Detroit News today that a man kidnapped a 22 year old woman. She knew the guy from somewhere (supposedly), and told him she didn't have a place to stay. She got in the car with the man and he drove her to Toledo, OH (from Detroit). She fell asleep in the car and when she woke up, she was handcuffed and dressed in a diaper! He read Bible passages to her all day I guess. He had an air mattress set up and a whole stock of adult diapers. For 3 days she was in this house until she eventually escaped.



On a web page about three months ago, he posted an e-book. This is a quote:



"Ever since my youth, I have been interested in metaphysical questions. As a result, I have paid great attention to studying and observing a variety of religions, sciences and philosophical schools," I have found answers that I would love to share with the rest of the world. This way the world may benefit from my work or I may be corrected if I am wrong."



LOL...sounds like dude needs to get a blog! I'm just sayin...



Sports Buzz



Thank goodness for Detroit Tigers spring training. With the pistons continuing to lose every night, all I have is the Red Wings right now. Osgood, get your stuff together! Dont ruin this for me!



To Be:



I would love to be any CEO of a company that is projected to make money this year!

Not To Be:

I would hate to be GM and Chrysler as they ask for 21.6 billion...more! Just give me a
half- million!

No comments:

Post a Comment