Friday, February 27, 2009

Buzz of the Day

It is very hard to think about anything but the economy because my job depends on it. Hell, most of our jobs depend on it ,but I'm in sales so if people are not buying anything, I ain't selling! Essentially, not doing my job.

I have a wife (no kids yet). When you make a commitment like that, your priorities change (for most of us). You realize that what you do effects everyone. And when you add children to the mix, things intensify (from what I've heard). I work very hard so that I can provide for my wife and lay the foundation for additions to the family. Now here's the catch...you also have to provide support outside of dollars and cents. Sometimes we get so caught up in one, that we neglect the other. Both of those things have to be in place, but in my opinion, love, affection, and moral support are more important. If you don't believe me, go and ask someone who worked 24 hours/day 7 days/week to provide for their family, only to come home to an empty house.

I am the newest account executive at my job, so I am pretty anxious and my mood goes up with every sale and down (Barry White's voice deep down) with every person who changes their mind or decides that priorities have changed. I come in early almost everyday and stay late everyday. Now...regardless of how much money I make or don't make, if my home is not is good shape, I have failed. Point blank. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment