Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fight or Flight

Buzz of the Day



I believe adversity is healthy. Some may not agree, but when it pertains to how I live my life it is very healthy. Sometimes you don't know what you can handle until you are faced with it. God has placed things in my life to test my faith, but He has stood by me to while I've overcome obstacles. As human beings, we are so...so many different things on any given day. When I was younger, I'd be faced with a challenge and think, "How am I going to get through this?" Now when problems arise, I think, "Man, I'm going to be some much stronger once I get through this."

I remember a man coming to my Junior High School to speak. I don't remember much but I do remember him talking about life and putting problems into perspective. He said if your problems won't be a big deal 5 years from now, then you shouldn't worry about them. I think that's good advice. My brother says that you have to take the bitter with the sweet. I guess you could call them peaks and valleys, ebbs and flows. It is LIFE! We are facing some hard times these days and it would be easy to throw in the towel, but in the words of Kanye West, "To me giving up is way harder than trying." Let us be thankful for the things we have today. I'm sure things can be better...but they can definitely be worse.



Many things that I write about are things that I struggle with. Some days are harder than others. I am grateful for the people that are in my life, and if I need to, I'll shrink my inner circle of friends. These adverse times will really change our perspective and if we're not careful, we can turn on people that really care about us or gravitate towards people who seem to have our best interest at heart but are snakes in the grass.



My advice: Shut up, observe, and see if people's actions are consistent with their words. If they are not, it's like writing a check with no money in the bank. Actions will always speak louder than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment