Monday, April 13, 2009

Go Shorty, Its Your Birthday

Nobody Cares Kid



My birthday is April the 16th. I will be 28 years old. When I think about it, I feel kinda old. Not like "old geezer" old, but "how did I get this old" old. When your birthday is approaching, you start to reminisce...it's natural. There are events in your life that you wish you could do over. I have made my share of mistakes, but I don't know if I'd do anything differently. I have no idea if that one experience would change my life completely. The reason I'm the way I am is because of the past experiences in my life....good and bad.

My wife believes differently. She believes we were meant to be and we would be regardless. Even if she never moved back to Michigan...she was in Rhode Island! How were we going to be together while she was a half-day away (At that point I was living in Kalamazoo)? I think about that 'Life on Mars' television show and the star was in a world from 25 years ago. He actually met his mom, dad, and he even met himself. Hmmmmmmmmm?

If you could tell yourself one thing when you were younger, what age would it be and what would you say?

I really don't want that choice. What if I never met my wife? What if I didn't struggle as much as I have, and I felt like successes were owed to me? What if I was some unappreciative jerk because I never felt the pain of loss? I may be a little behind schedule for where I'd like to be currently, but I don't want to change a thing. My experiences and my failures will help me...as they always have. A lot of my strength comes from my struggles. Without that, I don't know where I'd be...

No comments:

Post a Comment