Saturday, September 19, 2009

Can You Do That Again?

(Throwback)Buzz of the Day

Please enjoy this throwback blog from May:

I was feeling pretty guilty for taking so long between blogs. I normally blog everyday (I will again because I don't have cable), but lately that hasn't been the case. Two of my friends who follow this blog, have started blogs. (I would shout them out, but I don't know if they're gonna keep it up). My one friend has blogged only once and he's out of work right now.

It's cool to do things, but people always want to know if you can maintain that level and do them again. "Nice shot, but can you make it again?"Or, "That was a huge sale you made. Can you do that again?" The funny thing is, if they don't actually say it, you know that they're thinking it. That has been the most scary thing about my job. I've increased my sales for the last 4 months, which is cool. But I want to have 10, 15, 25 straight years of great performances! I want to do well consistently. I want people to be able to count on my production and what I bring to the table monthly/quarterly/yearly.

I was voted employee of the month for April. I haven't made much fuss because that's not what I do. A friend of mine insisted that I blog about it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to share. I'm glad I did though because this is all me. Whatever I'm going through, good or bad, I'll share. Sometimes I'm more comfortable sharing bad news because when you share good news, people are trying to pick you apart. "That was a lucky shot." "You had a great selling month, but so did everyone." And if they don't actually say it, they're thinking it.

So I am employee of the month for April. It's nice to be recognized because we all want to receive some sort of recognition. The thing that drives me is...I want to do it again. And when I do...I want to do it again. I want to make sure I'm able to take care of my wife and my kids when they get here. I don't want to have the one great season. I want to have ridiculous numbers and win championships every year (That was a sports metaphor).

No comments:

Post a Comment