Friday, September 11, 2009

Changes Are Coming

Buzz of the Day

This morning I'm up and ready to go. I hear there will be some changes at work. The leadership will "huddle up" and determine what stays in regards to ideology. And maybe even who stays.

I feel good about the work I'm putting in, although it doesn't always show in results. Some people have the results with empty effort attached to it. How does management know the difference? Sometimes I look around and think, "They have to know that so and so is a ____." But then sometimes I doubt if they know. And then I realize that I really don't care.

I want everyone to succeed at my job because that means that the company is doing well. There was a girl who had a big deal close yesterday and I was genuinely excited. I was telling a co-worker about it and they were very salty. "I wish it was me." is what they said. "Well maybe her deal keeps you with a job another month." I replied. "I've never thought about it like that." Was their answer.

Of course I want to be the best! I want my bosses to know that I work very hard. I don't want to bring anyone down...necessarily. If they are comparing my performance with someone else, and that person seems to be slacking, oh well. But under no circumstance do I see myself going out of my way just to hate on somebody. I think that most people hate on others because it keeps the attention off of what they're doing...or not doing.

Yes, I want a bigger piece of the pie. But I also have a set of expectations for myself. I truly feel I'm heading in the right direction. Last month was so difficult because my numbers were down. And I had been extremely consistent for several consecutive months. What can you do? Jump back on your horse and keep riding. Just know, things are changing all the time. From expectations to the way in which you go about achieving those expectations.

Self evaluate. Make changes were needed. And if you don't, they will be made for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment