Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Negative Nancy

Buzz of the Day

Last week I was pretty upset because of some double agent/double spy type of stuff going on at work. I can't go into detail because they might be reading...LOL.

Some things were not handled the right way in my view, and couple that with the stress of a tough selling month...I was pretty fired up. It's funny that we know who to talk to when we want to complain. Next thing you know, me and the Negative Nancys were having a great time complaining about what was wrong with the world.

I feel silly just thinking about it now. I take pride in leaving things where they need to be. Meaning if it's in the past, leave it there. But somehow I was caught up in this complaining, moaning, and groaning. So on Monday I was approached by one of the Negative Nancys, trying to rekindle a convo from last week. "I'm done with that." I replied. Nothing else to talk about.

Sometimes we get bogged down by stress and start complaining. If you are not looking for a solution, shut up! If you recognize problems, work on solutions. If you just want to complain and be a Negative Nancy, keep that stuff to yourself. You're bringing everyone down.

I have a relative who complains about their job non stop. This has been for years and years. Whenever I start to complain, I think about this person. "Do I sound like ___." I asked myself. Think about that one person who seems to hate life. Who complains about every-single-thing. Now think about yourself...Are you that person?

1 comment: