Thursday, September 17, 2009

What are you thankful for?

Buzz of the Day

I've been missing in action for the pass couple of days, because the things that I have on my mind can't be shared with everyone. Much of it has to do with work, and I may be crazy but I ain't stupid. Just some things that I've realized, but if you've read previous posts of mine, it's nothing ground breaking or new.

I like my job. Truly. I am very thankful for this opportunity. There are people that I work with that seemingly have no appreciation what-so-ever. It doesn't bother me until their performance affects the "bottom line" at work. And that affects me. In sales we all do our own thing kinda. But at the end of the day, we're on the same team. I guess the bottom line is: I want these people to work harder or find another job! I don't care if they appreciate their job or not.

Times are tough, and most people could complain about at least one thing. I think these complaints are probably legitimate. I also believe that there are many things to be thankful for. If you are reading this blog, you should be thankful. There were people who had plans to read something today. Maybe a blog. Maybe another online publication...but something. And those people didn't make it.

If you have breath in your body, you have another chance! You have another opportunity to right wrongs, heal wounds, and apply what you've learned from the past.

I don't hear it much now (because I try not to be around these people), but I can't stand when someone says, "That's just me. I can't help it." That statement means that you acknowledge that you should be doing something different, but refuse to because "that's just you."

That's terrible. Know better. Do better. Point blank. By you making changes, maybe someone will be inspired. They'll think, "Well if Baxter can change, maybe I can." Maybe it's your children, nieces, or nephews. And if nobody else decides to change. So what?! You've done your part. That's what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment