Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Fish Ain't Bitin'

Buzz of the Day





I heard a song today that I've never heard in my life. It's by Lamont Dozier called "The Fish Ain't Bitin." The chorus really struck a chord with me:





I'm out here fightin, hungry


The fish ain't bitin'


Life's so frightening


I'm out here stumbling


Broke and crumbling


And nothing's happening


And aye, aye captain





Very interesting. That's how many people feel everyday. Especially these days. I thought it was very fitting for me, being in sales. And when the fish ain't biting, what can you do?

We are approaching a dramatic change to what we do at New Horizons. I say dramatic, but I don't know exactly what will. I imagine it to be somewhat drastic. My manager talked about being a championship team, but I don't think everyone has bought in. Trust me, I'm in. I want to do great things! And when I achieve these great things, that can only be positive for the company I'm employed by.

If the fish ain't biting, I will go after them. I gotta dive in the water with a net, because bills gotta be paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment