Wednesday, September 2, 2009

10-year Reunion

Buzz of the Day

Man o Man... I'm having a problem. I had second thoughts about sharing this post. I didn't want anyone to read it and be persuaded. But this is what I'm buzzing about:

I have been looking forward to my reunion. I think it will be good to see people, network, and all that good stuff. But when I realized that it would be $50 per person or $100 per couple, I really was forced to evaluate how high of a priority it is.

The good thing is I can afford the $100 for my wife and I. I just know many other things that could go towards. With the sacrifices that we've made with cable and all that stuff, it seems a little foolish. I've gone back and forth with the decision. One of my good friends is on the planning committee and he believes there are those looking forward to seeing me. I'm sure there are a few, because there are a few people that I'd like to see (actually many more than a few). I just don't think it would be life or death for anyone. As a matter of fact, I know it wouldn't be.

We've made many sacrifices in the Hall household! I don't have cable for the first time in my life, just to name one that people can identify with.

What does this $100 dollars include? 2 diners and and 4 drinks for 2 people...In my opinion, not enough to warrant $50 per person. Especially these days. Part of me feels guilty for considering skipping this thing. There are just things that we'd like to add to our apartment that seem more important to me.

I think about going to this thing, and talking to the people that I already talk to frequently. I think about trying to see so many people and chat, that I end up neglecting my beautiful wife, and essentially paying $100 for my wife to be mad at me.

I also think about seeing wonderful friends that I haven't kept in touch with. Networking and redeveloping friendships that were lost 10 years ago. I think about the memories of this particular night and the memories that we'll share from high school. I think about finding my next business partner! All great things. But how much is that worth? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment