Monday, September 21, 2009

Don't Be a Stranger

Buzz of the Day

I want to thank you for visiting my blog. If this is your first time, or you've visited before, I really appreciate it. I've been thinking how I can get more visitors. I've heard good things from those that read it, but how can I get consistent hits?

Regardless of who reads it, I really enjoy it! I didn't start this blog to have thousands of hits per day, but that would be very cool I must admit.

Maybe I won't get consistent hits unless I write politically charged posts everyday. Until I become a polarizing figure because I'm a conservative/liberal. Until I say Obama is ____. Until there is a blog like Ihatebaxtersbuzz.com because I've attacked the Detroit Lions or Tigers. Until I use a racial slur or alienate a group of people. Until I become sexually explicit or curse like a sailor.

But I'm not going there. I am a regular guy (for the most part). I have all sorts of thoughts and I'll share whatever those thoughts happen to be at that particular time.

I am a newlywed. I've just moved back to the area where I grew up. I have a new job that provides a very good deal of stress and reward. I am almost too aware of my surroundings. And my mind never stops. I am extremely hard on myself. I have all sorts of goals. I know there are many things that I've yet accomplished, that I expect to. I don't know what people expect of me, and I don't care. I am imperfect and not proud of it. I am humble, but I have moments where I believe I am the best thing since sliced bread. Those moments are coupled with moments where I am kicking myself for not doing more. I want to be remembered as a person who changed lives, if only one. I want to inspire other "regular folks" to strive to do more. I want to collaborate with wonderful minds to make a difference.

As you can see, I have a lot going on. Please continue to read my blog. Don't be a stranger. And don't be selfish. If you like my blog, maybe someone else you know will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment