Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fair Weather Fans?

Buzz of the Day

Happy holidays...again. I'm going through some sort of holiday hangover so I apologize for not posting consistently. I'll be back everyday...I promise.

As you may or may not know, Detroit Lions fans are buzzing about the new quarterback, Matt Stafford. One of the radio guys spoke yesterday about he didn't like the selection of Stafford, but he'll be rooting for him because Detroit needs a winning football team. I thought he made a great point. But it got me to thinking: Are Republicans rooting for Obama to fail so they can say, "I told you so." I think the answer is yes for many of them.

If they most qualified candidate in my opinion happens to be a Republican, I'll vote for him/her. If the person that I vote for doesn't win the election, I will be behind that person and this country regardless because: WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM!

I don't think people think of it that way. We are all affected by what happens, not just the Democrats or just the Republicans. We should question things that we don't think is right, but we should keep an open mind. We put these "public servants" in office, but at times, we forget. And many times, these government officials, all the way to the local level forget it was us who put them where they are. Power to the People! Speak up. Ask questions. We are in this together and are main goal shouldn't be to wish failure on our government, regardless of who has the majority vote in Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment