Thursday, December 8, 2011

10 Things Thursday

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #23


These are 10 of the thoughts that went through my mind today. I hope you enjoy:


1. These professional sports teams are handing out a crazy amount of money. Will there ever come a time when it is hard for us to root for these guys?


2. My wife is awesome. She brings a sweetness to my life that I've never experienced. She is genuine and that is hard to find. I sometimes get mad because folks will take advantage, but I wouldn't change her.


3. There are companies being run by some selfish, scared bullies. They will take the path of least resistance, alienating their employees along the way.


4. The further you're removed from interacting with the people/common folks as a leader of a company, the colder you become. Its the same reason these politicians are so out of touch. They don't listen to real people. Too much insulation. Many times deliberate insulation.


5. There was a shooting in Ferndale today at my old elementary. I remember playing football at lunch, playing basketball on the monkey bars, and having these crazy "boxing matches" far enough from the school that staff couldn't see us.


6. There is a holiday party at my new job tomorrow. I believe that it will be a good opportunity for me to have a beer and get to know some of my coworkers. I'm also willing to bet that someone will have more than one and embarrass themselves. If they're anything like my old coworkers...haha.


7. I really enjoyed the people I worked with at my last gig. I truly believe that I'll stay in touch with many of them. More than facebook. We shall see.


8. I've been really tired this week. I haven't gotten used to my new job. Just going to a place different than the one you've gone to for the past 3+ years is weird. I've forgotten my vitamins, not drank enough water, and missed breakfast too many days the past 2 weeks. I need to do better.


9. One of my friends is really struggling with their relationship and they've done a TON to make it right. I'm at the point where my friend's partner needs to decide that enough is enough. If I mess up, make me beg a little. Then decide if you want to continue on. If not, so be it. If you do, then LET IT GO!


10. I am really trying to enjoy my wife. We got married during the great recession and it has limited our funds and what we've been able to do. Stability is what I believe to have now. Time to take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment