Wednesday, December 7, 2011

#24

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #24

I am down to number 24! I have posted a blog everyday since October 31st. By the way, I love the number 24. I've always loved even numbers but when I saw the maze jersey that Jimmy King wore with the number 24 on it, I've never liked a number more.

When you think about the crazy feelings you had as a kid, it has to make you laugh. I remember saying that I'd always shave my facial hair when I start growing it. Absurd! I was in 7th grade when I started growing a mustache and I can count on one hand how many times I've completely shaved it. As a matter of fact, I had never shaved it until new years eve of 2008. I've done it twice more since and my wife and I hate it every time.

I remember grown folks laughing at me when I was going through girl problems as a kid. My dad's friends would tell me I'd survive but it never felt like it at the time. As an adult, of course those things were funny because I did survive and am better for the stupid stuff from my past.


The old folks told me that girls would be there and to ignore them and focus on my school. I thought that I would go on to play college basketball at the University of Kentucky. Needless to say, I never ignored the girls and I didn't play ball at UK.


As I talk to my nephews and nieces, I try to pass on the advice that I neglected to follow. I see them trying to be respectful, trying not to roll their eyes, but we all need to learn lessons differently. Many, if not all of them when they go older have told me how they should have listened to me earlier, and I'm sure they'll pass on those lessons to the next generation. Hopefully they listen more than they don't.


I really appreciate all of the visitors that have checked out my blog. Just keep reading and I'll keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment