Saturday, December 10, 2011

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #22


While I Was Here


The Lord told me that my day was coming


I'd be able to stand tall


Hard times has a way of numbing


Your senses where you don't feel at all


I'm appalled to think that I chose this life


I wanted what you wanted, a good job and a wife


Couple of kids. White picket fence


But when reality strikes, it strikes quick and don't miss


I made bad choices and here I am


God calling me saying it time to come with Him


But I said, "Lord if you give me another hour I'll dedicate that hour to you."


God told me that I had 7 more years, and if I fell off the path I wouldn't have that


So as I change lanes, I'm trying to keep my hands on the wheels


God forgives, but then gives us free will


But don't take His grace for granted find that balance


Try to do better. Try to repair damage


So as my time nears I have no fear


I just hope I made Him proud while I was here

No comments:

Post a Comment