Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reviewing the Tape

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #27


There are always issues that arise in life. I am a person that takes very little time worrying about WHY the issue is the issue. I want to know what caused it and how I can improve moving forward.

When my friend and I coached middle school basketball, we'd spend entire nights talking about strategy. This would be after a win or a loss. This is the same friend who I'd talk to about life in the same way. All of my close friends and I are always evaluating and re-evaluating our lives. It is a gift and a curse.


In life we should always be battling against par, so to speak. Meaning we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to others, but to the goals we set for ourselves.

There has to be a balance between satisfaction with the direction you're headed and striving to where you'd like to be. We should always review the tape to pat ourselves on the back and to correct mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment