Friday, December 9, 2011

Holiday Party

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #22


I am down to the final stretch of blogging everyday and I am really happy to see all the people who have visited the site to check me out.


Today our holiday "party" was at a bowling alley..


I was talking to one of my new coworkers and realized that he was a big basketball (NBA) fan. I was really excited to know this, being that I enjoy myself some basketball too. Then came the bad news: Not only is he NOT a Detroit Pistons fan, he hates them! Not cool, but this could be an interesting winter.


He talked about how he follows another team and subscribes to the NBA cable package in order to follow them. It appeared that he has received a lot of flack from his friends because he had all of these great rationales for not following his local team. I thought it was kinda cool, although, I'm not sure if I could follow a team besides the Pistons if I lived in another state. I like other teams. I am a Kobe fan so I root for the Lakers, but I don't watch ALL of their games, but it would be less frustrating that the Pistons the past few years. Because I watch 95% of Pistons games.


I started to think what other team would I follow. That wouldn't be a bad idea if I could just find the right team. I'm not ready for the that though. I'll stick with my Pistons...for now anyway.

As I start to remember all of the new names and faces at the new job, I am gaining confidence. I am realizing that everyone leans on everyone there and nobody knows everything. The sooner I jump in, the sooner I can be one of the helpers and not the helpee.


Bowled for the first time in my life today. My score was 102. I wasn't the worst...by far. And the more regular bowlers told me I did good by breaking 100. Once I realized that I wasn't going to throw gutter balls, my competitiveness kicked in and I wanted to do well. I do believe that it won't take another 30 years for my next appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment