Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Can I Get a Second to Breathe? Part 2

Buzz of the Day

On July 4, we went to an early movie. 'Public Enemies' was a very good movie. The only complaint that I have is there was too much shooting. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind bad guys shooting at good guys etc. But trust me, they went overboard.

Well, my family didn't get together on the Fourth and my wife's mom was out of town. We found ourselves with no plans for the holiday. I would have been okay with it, but I didn't think my wife would. I called one of my friends because they hadn't made plans either. We ended up over my friends house. He and his fiance'. It was a very low key day and I was totally okay with it. Sometimes you run around so much when you have days off that you don't get a chance to rest and recharge your batteries.

I was very satisfied with the day. I was very satisfied with the entire weekend. For some reason, I've been very aware of all of me and my wife's "firsts". Our first Christmas and Thanksgiving. All of the other first also. I understand (or I get lucky sometimes) those things that are important to my wife and I do my best to give her something to remember.

It wasn't a whole lot of excitement, but it was just right for us. And that's what I'm realizing. My wife doesn't always want to do something "super duper fun", she just wants to do something. The problem we have is that many times I want to do nothing...To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment