Sunday, July 5, 2009

Halftime Adjustments

Buzz of the Day

Hello again. It's just me, trying to share my thoughts with you all.

Happy holidays and a big shout out to the veterans and current soldiers who've made and continue to make our independence possible. I'm pretty excited to get my week started. I have had time to regroup and get my thoughts together. I have some new things that I'm going to try out in regards to work. I feel like I mention it all the time...getting back to basics is so important.

I had a meeting with my boss last week and although I wasn't looking forward to it, the meeting was exactly what I needed. It gave me some things to think about and with the long weekend, I've been able to brainstorm.

The other thing that is exciting is my rent: I've paid rent for the last time for this 2 bedroom. We are downsizing later in the month and that will save us a nice amount of money. Combined that with cancelling cable and downgrading my phone plan, we're going to save some cash. This should be the first month that we'll actually see some savings.

So my wife financed her eyeglasses last year (before we were married), and we've been late on the payments lately. So this company (I think it's GE Financial) calls every-stinking-day. So finally I answered the phone and said, "Hey, we don't have any money. We're just like everyone else. Do you have any options that would help us out?" He said, "Mr. Hall, I actually do." They gave us a lower payment and interest rate for 9 months.

I guess my reason for telling you is: Try it. We don't owe much at all for this particular bill, but try it on those bills that are really kicking your butt each month. It can't hurt to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment