Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Can I Get a Second to Breathe? Part 1

Buzz of the Day

Oh boy. The week has begun people! Ready or not. I wanted to share some of my thoughts from the Fourth of July Weekend:

That movie 'Public Enemies' was really good. I read a review that talked about Johnny Depp's charisma and how it stood out in the movie. They were right. I am a very tough critic when it comes to movies, so if I give it my stamp, that means something (or at least I think so).

This was me and my wife's first July as a married couple. And although I would have been totally content with staying at home (I was tired and worn down), I knew that she wouldn't. So I woke up early, as I normally do, but my wife was still asleep. I looked at some movie times online and thought that maybe we could get a matinee price because the showtime was 12:45pm. No discount...$15 bucks for 2 tickets! So then we went to buy popcorn and pop (I almost said 'soda' because I didn't want to follow popcorn with pop, but I have never said soda in my life). There was a number on the register, but the cashier and walked away to grab the popcorn. $11.50 was on the register. My wife said, "Well that $11.50 must have been from the last people." Nope...that was our bill. So $15 bucks for the tickets and $12 bucks for the food. Johnny Depp had a lot to prove to me.

I will get to the second part of my holiday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment