Sunday, July 26, 2009

Slightly Distracted

Buzz of the Day

I've been extremely distracted for the past couple of weeks. My wife had an opportunity with one of the employment agencies to get a full-time position. The benefits were better than mine (I'll leave it at that) and the salary would have allowed us to have more freedom financially. Well, the long and short of it is this: She didn't get it. I was disappointed more for my wife than "our" situation. She is an extremely hard worker, very smart, and loyal to a fault. She went and graduated in 4 years (just like they tell you to), and hasn't gotten many breaks while pursuing full-time employment. Sometimes you feel like you can't get a break. My wife hasn't gotten one and my heart hurts because this job was another opportunity that slipped through her fingers.

I was so nervous during her interview process that it was hard for me to concentrate on my job! So naturally she's been down since and so have I. It has taken me weeks to pull myself together. I've interviewed for jobs, only to come up just short and it sucks! The biggest thing is I'm tired of telling her things are going to be fine. I know they will, but she needs someone to just listen right now. I like to solve problems, so with my hands tied, it really bothers me. So I'll let her vent and...you know what? It does stink that she's tried to do things the right way her entire life...God has a plan and very rarely (if at all) does our plan coincide with His. Especially the timeliness of things.

For all of you who are facing obstacles from everywhere...stay strong. I believe if you stay in the game long enough, good fortune will come your way. As I think about "bad luck" that my wife and I have had, I can't help but be grateful for all of the wonderful blessings that God has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment