Friday, July 10, 2009

I Want To Be A Rock Star! Part 2

Buzz of the Day



Discipline. That is my arch-nemesis. I have too many things going on to not be disciplined and organized. I have so much going on in my brain sometimes (OK, all the time), that I am easily distracted. These great ideas pop in and out so quickly, I have to write things down to keep track.

Consistency is something that I have much respect for. That is my aim. I respect it because I know how hard it is for me to achieve it. My manager said that my personality is that of a
C-Level executive. I have the great ideas and everyone else is suppose to carry them out. The problem is: If I don't show that I can carry these great ideas out, I won't be advancing to
C-Level anytime soon. I'll keep you posted.

Ridiculousness of the Day

I'm from a little place called Royal Oak Township. It is nothing like Royal Oak; It is basically on 8 mile across from Detroit, and sandwiched between Ferndale and Oak Park. Royal Oak Township or "The Township" as we like to call it, has always been a place much closer to Detroit than Ferndale. You have your typical characters; crackheads, athletes, and drug dealers. You could get beat up, but normally you didn't have to worry about being shot.

Well, those days have changed. A 17 year old boy was shot and killed last weekend. Although I didn't know him, he was a friend of my 20 year old nephew. The boys were gambling. From the gambling, a fight developed. So there were people who left and came back in cars. Shooting at whomever was there.

What happened to fighting, winning or losing, and call it all square at that point? OK. Sometimes you may even want a rematch if you lost the fight. That's cool. But these guns. There's no coming back from that. I really do think it's a shame. Times have changed. And more often than not, they change for the worse.

1 comment:

  1. It's in my neighborhood frequently. But I'm in an association to change all of that through Habitat for Humanity. I hope we can bring change.

    ReplyDelete