Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The C Word

Buzz of the Day

Many years ago, when I was a senior in high school, I had a conversation that I'll always remember. It was a friend and basketball teammate of mine. We were in the media center during a study-hour prior to basketball practice.

He really had an interesting perspective on his future...and mine. He is a white guy (is that significant? Depends on who you ask), who was extremely charismatic and an all around good guy. He told me that he'd always have a job because of his family. He wasn't too much worried about the future. He also told me that I would always land on my feet because of my personality. My charisma would ensure my success, or so he thought. I understand what he meant, however I don't know if I agree.

Every now and then I'll think about that and wonder...What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment